Monday, May 4, 2015

Welcome!


Welcome sweet friends! 

As most of you know, my wonderful husband and I have began what has been one of the most amazing journeys of our life; adopting a sweet little girl. We have received so much support and love from so many people we are continuously astonished. What a blessing you all have been. 

In the beginning of our journey it was not easy, and throughout this process we have learned more about Gods grace and plan than we ever imagined. Throughout the support we received many suggestions and ways to make this special for us, and for others. One way that has been sticking to my heart was writing and sharing our journey with others. Our struggles and triumphs are used for Gods glory, and we feel as if they will inspire someone else. 

So here it goes; the introduction.

My name is Heather: A youth pastors wife, sister, daughter, aunt, photographer, homemaker, vintage fanatic, and lover of the Lord. Newest addition to the list: MOMMY. I am far from a writer and probably will make more grammatical mistakes than feasible to most of you. If you know my husband and I, you can probably tell our personalities straight up. I am the quiet and sincere girl who sits and observes a lot of life, while silently fierce. My husband, Bill, is the wacky crazy man that some of you might question his maturity. However, he is he most wonderful, caring, gentle, and hard working man I have ever had the privilege of living life with. 

Ill stop myself before the post becomes too gushy. 

I want to encourage those in the same journey, bring insight to those on the outside, and share DIY homemaker creativity from our little Arkansas home. So, to start I am going to share with you a recent article I wrote for our church beacon. If you don't attend our church, this is an article that goes out monthly with words of encouragement and wisdom, including events, prayer requests, and praise reports. I hope you enjoy it, or take something from it. 

His Mercies


I look down at her sweet face, with wide blue eyes staring deep into mine. The day had been rough and all we wanted was some sleep. 

Can you stay here with me Mommy? Will you sleep next to me? I love you. She says. 

This small little girl, so pure, loved, beautiful.. yet so petrified

Of course baby. I will never leave you. I replied.

What seems to be such a small picture reminds me of the greater picture Christ has for us. 

As we settle into the month of February, filling out valentines and scheduling dates with our loves, my heart is reminded of a superior love through Christ. The superior love that shows us grace throughout all seasons of life. 

We saunter through life with this unwavering fear of what is going to happen next.  Depictions of our daily steps fall apart, and in those moments the questioning and outrage ensue against God. 

Why, must you do this to me? Why did you let this happen? We argue. 

In 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Paul was quoting Jesus when he said, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Paul goes on to say, therefor, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses so that Christ power may reside in me. So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

Just as the day came to an end, my daughter realized that through her struggles she needed her mom in that defenseless moment. The petrified moment that left her feeling like she could not possibly be left alone. As she recognized her weaknesses, we should do the same. In our defenseless moments we need Christ. To lay down our troubles at daddy Gods feet is where his grace becomes profound.  

“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need” Hebrews 4:16

So when life seems to be dwindling to pieces, raise your head and hang on to your confidence in Christ. His mercies are new every morning, and his grace never fails. 

Hanging there with you,
Heather S


**Photos by Amber Adcock



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging my sweet friend. I really enjoyed reading your words and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Letitia! Looking forward to posting more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Heather!!!
    Great job! Welcome to blogdom. 😉

    ReplyDelete